Wednesday, January 20, 2016

So yes, I Started a Food Blog

I'll keep this as short as possible:

I don't considered myself a foodie. I enjoy cooking. Period. I only like to cook for family and have no desire to work in a restaurant (I did enough of that when I was a teenager). I don't exchange recipes, or read food blogs with countless long entries, or watch cooking shows with any regularity. I simply derive a certain Zen-like pleasure in cooking and presenting each meal as both a culinary and visual experience (when time permits).


That's just me - it's who I am.

I consider myself practically a full-time carnivore, but recently, I've discovered a new love and respect for vegetables. I like scotch, red wine, and beer, but not necessarily in that order. I don't browse Pinterest for recipes. I hate when my Facebook friends post poorly taken pics from their smart phone of whatever dish they're eating and expect all of us to congratulate them with silly posts like "looks yummy." Other than that, there's not much to tell about me.

So why am I doing this? Because despite all my grumpiness and protests to the contrary, I read a lot about food - not just food though, but the business of food as well, including marketing, branding, etc.  This has become so obvious lately, that my wife (a.k.a The Boss) recently turned to me and said, "I'm surprised you don't have a food blog."

So here I am.
Here's my blog.

Until Next Time...
Carnivoresly Yours,
Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment