Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Chorizo Queso Fail

From Young Frankenstein (1974):
Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: "No. No. Be of good cheer. If science teaches us anything, it teaches us to accept our failures, as well as our successes, with quiet dignity and grace...Son of a bitch! Bastard! I'll get you for this! What did you do to me? What did you do to me?"

That quote from one of my favorite movies of all time went through my head after my second attempt at the Chorizo Queso dip - Failed again.

The first batch was so thick, it was practically impossible to get on the chip, and each bite seemed to weigh a pound. The taste was there, so I knew it was a matter of perfecting the texture.

The second batch, I used cream cheese and a ton of milk to thin it out. The texture was a little more manageable, but I completely lost the Chorizo taste and had to spice it up with extra jalepenos and Tapatio hot sauce, which left it tasting more like jalepeno dip than Chorizo dip.

My biggest fan and most honest critic, The Boss, liked both batches, but like me saw where it needed improvement. So what modifications will I make for my third attempt? Right now - none. I have no plans for a third attempt anytime soon. I've eaten so much of it the past week, I've burned myself out and have no desire to even think about that dip for a while. Maybe this spring when we have our house warming party I'll give it another shot  - Maybe. If I get it right, I'll let you know. 

Until Next Time...
Here's my favorite commercial from the Super Bowl.

Gracefully Yours,
Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment