Saturday, March 26, 2016

Traditional Spaghetti Alternative - RECIPE

Desperation is the mother of invention, and while I'm sure that the recipe below has probably been done a thousand times by a thousand different people, I can honestly say that this particular one never occurred to me until I was stuck in the house and had to throw some kind of dinner together.

But it's moments like these that are another reason why cooking can be a blast.

The most recent Reinvention of the Wheel occurred just a few weeks ago. For now, until I customize it a bit more and give it its own personality, I'm just going to call it:

Italian Sausage Spaghetti
Ingredients
- one package Italian sausage (that night I only had a package of Johnsonville Italian Sausage links)
- one box fettuccine noodles (I had Wild Harvest organic whole wheat on hand)
- two cloves garlic (crushed)
- one jar spaghetti sauce (I used Classico Tomato and Basil)
- oregano (to taste) (oregano is my favorite spice for anything that even hints at Italian origin)

Directions
- slice the Italian sausage (if you have links) and cook in a pan with just enough EVOO in the bottom to keep the sausage from scorching.
- boil the noodles per the instructions
- once the sausage is cooked, add the sauce, garlic, and oregano to the pan
- combine noodles and meat sauce (although around here we usually keep the meat sauce and noodles separate so that each person can decide how much of one or the other they want)

Calories
I didn't collect the calorie information this time around because of the situation, but next time I prepare this I will.

Picture
I don't take any pictures of this dish either, so it'll just have to wait until next time.

Until Next Time...
Here's a video from the Johnsonville Kitchens on something else you can do with Italian sausage - yep, make a pizza.
Desperately Yours,
Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment